Saturday, November 24, 2007

Has anyone seen my Mum? : lost in image sharing technology.

After my investigation of Flickr I told my Mum about all the fun she could have exploring image sharing tools. It turns out that this may have been a terrible mistake!! She has been off on her own adventure and is now totally absorbed by this technology. My likeness has now been 'beaded' and 'Warholized', and she has even created 'cutsie poo' calendar pages using my baby photos (I really must speak to that woman about uploading some more recent photos). I am finding it rather difficult to drag her attention away from this technology as there are so many aspects to explore. The danger is that she could become lost/stuck at this point in the Web 2.0 program, when we still have quite a way to go before the end. On the up-side, Mum was recently able to see the first photos of her brother's newborn baby in Facebook, hours after the birth. She explained to me that in the 'dark ages' (not so long ago) she would have had to wait for film processing and for a postal delivery to see these photos. Now I understand her total amazement with photo sharing technology, and I'll just have to be more persistent in keeping her on track

No comments: